Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sims 4

Red face The Sims 4

Does anyone play The Sims 4!?

I feel like it's really come into its own now that toddlers and vampires have been added. The only two things I'm really waiting for are pets and seasons. Once we have those, I think it's gonna be awesome.

I know a lot of people miss the Sims 3's open world, but as someone who always preferred the Sims 2, I prefer the way the Sims 4 does things. But I almost never have my sims leave their house

Here are the expansions/game packs I have:
    - Get To Work
    - City Living
    - Outdoor Retreat
    - Vampires

I want to get the Dining Out game pack soon too. I don't buy stuff packs usually.

Oh, man.... I used to be such an addict to The Sims when it first came out... then TS2 was such a huge update! I loved it so much... downloads, meshes, packs, everything!!!

Is The Sims 4 any better than The Sims 3?
    I played the "3" version a little, but it got boring pretty fast for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Oh, man.... I used to be such an addict to The Sims when it first came out... then TS2 was such a huge update! I loved it so much... downloads, meshes, packs, everything!!!

Is The Sims 4 any better than The Sims 3?
    I played the "3" version a little, but it got boring pretty fast for me
    It's really similar to the Sims 2. It's made by a lot of the same developers (the Sims 3 was made by a different team). I never played TS3 much either.

I loved TS3, so naturally I was pissed when lackluster TS4 was released. I tried the free CAS preview before the official launch and it was pretty awesome and everything but, overall the game is way too cartoonish for me and the gameplay is very limited.

I can't believe the JUST added toddlers to the game and even now, 3 years into the saga, they haven't done that much EP-wise. I see they do release tons of DLC every other month, though.

Can't wait for TS5, hope it's just as good as TS3 but with a better game engine and some of the FX TS4 has.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I loved TS3, so naturally I was pissed when lackluster TS4 was released. I tried the free CAS preview before the official launch and it was pretty awesome and everything but, overall the game is way too cartoonish for me and the gameplay is very limited.

I can't believe the JUST added toddlers to the game and even now, 3 years into the saga, they haven't done that much EP-wise. I see they do release tons of DLC every other month, though.

Can't wait for TS5, hope it's just as good as TS3 but with a better game engine and some of the FX TS4 has.
    I really enjoyed the art style of the Sims 4. I thought that the sims in TS3 were kind of creepy lol. But there are a lot of people that don't like that kind of style.

I do agree 100% on the expansion thing... They need to be doing more than one a year. I understand not wanting to overwhelm people with them, but underwhelming is just as bad or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    I really enjoyed the art style of the Sims 4. I thought that the sims in TS3 were kind of creepy lol. But there are a lot of people that don't like that kind of style.

I do agree 100% on the expansion thing... They need to be doing more than one a year. I understand not wanting to overwhelm people with them, but underwhelming is just as bad or worse.
    Yeah, looks-wise TS3 is fugly

Yeah, looks-wise TS3 is fugly
    People look like they melted or some shit lol

People look like they melted or some shit lol
    I know! I think there was a mod that made the auto-generated townies less ugly.

I know! I think there was a mod that made the auto-generated townies less ugly.
    You know it's a sad situation when that's a popular download lol

I love The Sims.

For The Sims 4 I've only got so far:

Vampires
    Luxury Party Stuff
    Vintage Glamour Stuff

I used to be absolutely obsessed with The Sims 3, I have almost all the expansion packs for it. I personally loved the open world in it. You could just go anywhere without any interuptions.

I hate that they're taking so damn long between the releases of expansion packs. With Sims 4 you can see they're milking everything they can out of the players. We won't be getting new Sims (5) probably for many many years. For most part, Sims 4 has worked pretty smoothly and they're fairly quick fixing any bugs that appear in the game so that's good.

I'm hoping they release some kind of Celeb/Superstar/Fame ep. asap! That and Seasons have been my main obsession with these always.

I'm sorry, I just can't with most of The Sims 4 packs... I mean c'mon now! Did anybody ask for this?

Last edited by Joni; 03-22-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    I'm sorry, I just can't with most of The Sims 4 packs... I mean c'mon now! Did anybody ask for this?

I legit don't understand what the hell they're doing over there....

I'd be fine with this pack coming out toward the end of the Sims 4 lifespan or closer to something major coming out. But right now it just feels insulting I mean, we don't have seasons or pets yet... those are pretty major.

You need some juice... DiscoDan's Avatar

Glad to see Sims is still around! I was obsessed with Sims 1, but haven't played any since then

I legit don't understand what the hell they're doing over there....

I'd be fine with this pack coming out toward the end of the Sims 4 lifespan or closer to something major coming out. But right now it just feels insulting I mean, we don't have seasons or pets yet... those are pretty major.
    I have literally no clue. I'd be fine them releasing any kind of crap towards the end, but just release those important eps at the beginning to keep people interested and playing. A mess.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDan View Post
    Glad to see Sims is still around! I was obsessed with Sims 1, but haven't played any since then
    I was sooo obsessed with TS1 and I haven't really been able to let go of it (Sims) since.

I love the sims, and i'm playing the sims 4 now... the bowling pack... is a no from me LOL. I didn't understand why they made THIS an add in pack... no one is asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by queenofmermaids View Post
    I love the sims, and i'm playing the sims 4 now... the bowling pack... is a no from me LOL. I didn't understand why they made THIS an add in pack... no one is asking for it.
    I kind of hope no one buys it myself it's so random and dumb

Quote Originally Posted by queenofmermaids View Post
    I kind of hope no one buys it myself it's so random and dumb
    Same here, a mess.

I see no signs of improvement in the future; new game pack & new stuff pack look very basic to me...

https://www.facebook.com/TheSimsSuom...3854462331277/

Family & Fitness? Don't we kinda have those in the base game?

Last edited by Joni; 04-08-2017 at 10:57 AM.

@ that pic you posted

But yeah they need pets and seasons like... STAT. I feel like this is the "Bionic" of Sims games. Could be amazing, but it's flopping all over the place

I used to love the Sims 1 and 2! I liked to make big fancy houses, make them cheat on each other and have a lot of babies. And when I eventually got tired of them I used to kill them. The best ways was to blow up fireworks inside (sims 1) and let them burn to death, or let them drown in the swimming pool by removing the latter, or just build walls around the Sim and let him or her die haha. And sometimes I also tried to make a happy life for them. The best game was definitely the Sims Unleashed! I looooved the dogs! So obviously I rarely killed them haha.

I tried the Sims 3, but I don't think it's as fun as it used to be. Maybe I'm just old, I dunno. I have been watching Marzia and Pewdiepie play the Sims 4, though. Still doesn't look all that fun! And that bowling expansion thing just looks like they ran out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I used to love the Sims 1 and 2! I liked to make big fancy houses, make them cheat on each other and have a lot of babies. And when I eventually got tired of them I used to kill them. The best ways was to blow up fireworks inside (sims 1) and let them burn to death, or let them drown in the swimming pool by removing the latter, or just build walls around the Sim and let him or her die haha. And sometimes I also tried to make a happy life for them. The best game was definitely the Sims Unleashed! I looooved the dogs! So obviously I rarely killed them haha.

I tried the Sims 3, but I don't think it's as fun as it used to be. Maybe I'm just old, I dunno. I have been watching Marzia and Pewdiepie play the Sims 4, though. Still doesn't look all that fun! And that bowling expansion thing just looks like they ran out of ideas.
    TS3 was a buggy mess but at least it was fun and added so much to the table, TS4 is just... there.

Thread Information