Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: TLC’s Final Album Will Be Released In June 2017

  1. #1
    Administrator Joni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    16,878

    Default TLC’s Final Album Will Be Released In June 2017


    In 2015, the surviving members of the iconic girl group TLC announced plans to release their fifth and final album, and on Monday, (Feb. 27) the group’s manager said the project would tentatively be released in June. Bill Diggins revealed in a post on the group’s Kickstarter page that T-Boz and Chili were putting the finishing touches on their last LP together.

    The fan-funded project came about after Chilli–who celebrated her 46th birthday on Monday as well–and T-Boz announced their plans to get back in the studio one more time. However, they didn’t want to take the traditional label route. The group wanted to create their album their way and asked fans to help fund the project via Kickstarter. Within one week, they received $150,000 and Katy Perry even pitched in donating $5,000. One month later they amassed*$430,255 from nearly 4000 pledges.

    Yet, the delay to actually produce the album, or even release a single caused many online to believe the group scammed its fans, prompting the hashtag #TLCIsGoingToJailParty in November 2015. Diggins explained the reasoning for the delay in his post and assured everyone TLC wasn’t squandering the money donated for the album.

    “Let me explain why this album has taken longer than expected. When we decided to do the album it was based on a number of emotional decisions and one of the biggest was how you inspired T-Boz and Chilli by your emails and texts asking them to do another album. At the time we had no music, no producers, no writers, and a few ideas. We also were in the middle of rehearsal’s for TLC’s first arena tour since The FanMail*tour and therefore on the road for most of the year. It was very important to establish TLC’s touring credibility and as most of you saw TLC live I am sure you agreed that we accomplished that goal.”

    The forthcoming album, will be the first since founding member Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes was killed in a car crash in 2002.

  2. #2
    H.B.I.C .::Slave 4 U::.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    30,101

    Default

    I'm here for it!

  3. #3
    Administrator Joni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    16,878

    Default

    I'm so excited to hear the new album, but also sad to hear this will be their final one. Then again, I thought 3D would be their final one.

    They need to do a world tour for this for sure.

  4. #4
    TheOneAndOnly. Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Finding all your media.
    Posts
    9,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    I'm so excited to hear the new album, but also sad to hear this will be their final one. Then again, I thought 3D would be their final one.

    They need to do a world tour for this for sure.
    I think a world tour is in the plans actually!
    I think they're going to market this as their final album and 3D as the final album featuring Lisa since they said that they aren't featuring her this time around

  5. #5
    Administrator Lauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    I actually pledged like $110 to this to get a signed vinyl copy of the album. I'm kind of pissed we went 6 months without getting any news about it at all... But if you mention that in any TLC fan thing people jump all over you. The originally promised the album would be DONE two years ago. If it's not just a post updating me more than 6 months at a time would be great.

    They also released 2 songs on iTunes in Japan that are FROM THIS ALBUM. So they can do that, but I can't get a post on Kickstarter even just saying "hey here's a quick update in 2 sentences"

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I think a world tour is in the plans actually!
    I think they're going to market this as their final album and 3D as the final album featuring Lisa since they said that they aren't featuring her this time around
    I feel like they should do some kind of track like "Dirty Dirty" was on 3D. They gave her a moment of silence in that one, and I think stuff like that would be appropriate.

  6. #6
    TheOneAndOnly. Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Finding all your media.
    Posts
    9,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    I actually pledged like $110 to this to get a signed vinyl copy of the album. I'm kind of pissed we went 6 months without getting any news about it at all... But if you mention that in any TLC fan thing people jump all over you. The originally promised the album would be DONE two years ago. If it's not just a post updating me more than 6 months at a time would be great.

    They also released 2 songs on iTunes in Japan that are FROM THIS ALBUM. So they can do that, but I can't get a post on Kickstarter even just saying "hey here's a quick update in 2 sentences"



    I feel like they should do some kind of track like "Dirty Dirty" was on 3D. They gave her a moment of silence in that one, and I think stuff like that would be appropriate.
    I think so too. Maybe some sort of tribute to her.
    And as far as those two tracks they released on iTunes, the word on the street is that they're going to be the Japan bonus tracks that usually pop up on releases which I guess explains why they haven't gotten any sort of release here?

  7. #7
    Administrator Joni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    16,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I think a world tour is in the plans actually!
    I think they're going to market this as their final album and 3D as the final album featuring Lisa since they said that they aren't featuring her this time around
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    I actually pledged like $110 to this to get a signed vinyl copy of the album. I'm kind of pissed we went 6 months without getting any news about it at all... But if you mention that in any TLC fan thing people jump all over you. The originally promised the album would be DONE two years ago. If it's not just a post updating me more than 6 months at a time would be great.

    They also released 2 songs on iTunes in Japan that are FROM THIS ALBUM. So they can do that, but I can't get a post on Kickstarter even just saying "hey here's a quick update in 2 sentences"

    I feel like they should do some kind of track like "Dirty Dirty" was on 3D. They gave her a moment of silence in that one, and I think stuff like that would be appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I think so too. Maybe some sort of tribute to her.
    And as far as those two tracks they released on iTunes, the word on the street is that they're going to be the Japan bonus tracks that usually pop up on releases which I guess explains why they haven't gotten any sort of release here?
    Omg a world tour would be epic!

    Oh that's right, this will be their first and last album (probably) without Lisa. I'm not sure if this is available anywhere but I was browsing Instagram today and T-Boz was doing an online video there. She mentioned something about this and that she won't completely disappear from music of course. And when someone asked her about future TLC music/about this being their last album she just said you never know . So I thought that was interesting.

    Yeah it would've been nice if they could've at least mentioned something to the fans who pledged in. That wasn't cool at all.

    I hope those 2 tracks will stay as just bonus tracks, they're nice, especially Haters, but they're just not up to TLC's level imo and what they can actually bring to the table.

    I also like that tribute idea, I hope they do that.

    BTW! This tv show featured some new music from them:




    I love what I'm hearing!!

  8. #8
    Administrator Lauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I think so too. Maybe some sort of tribute to her.
    And as far as those two tracks they released on iTunes, the word on the street is that they're going to be the Japan bonus tracks that usually pop up on releases which I guess explains why they haven't gotten any sort of release here?
    I just still think it's shitty since I basically paid to create those... But whatever I guess lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    Omg a world tour would be epic!

    Oh that's right, this will be their first and last album (probably) without Lisa. I'm not sure if this is available anywhere but I was browsing Instagram today and T-Boz was doing an online video there. She mentioned something about this and that she won't completely disappear from music of course. And when someone asked her about future TLC music/about this being their last album she just said you never know . So I thought that was interesting.

    Yeah it would've been nice if they could've at least mentioned something to the fans who pledged in. That wasn't cool at all.

    I hope those 2 tracks will stay as just bonus tracks, they're nice, especially Haters, but they're just not up to TLC's level imo and what they can actually bring to the table.

    I also like that tribute idea, I hope they do that.

    BTW! This tv show featured some new music from them:




    I love what I'm hearing!!
    I kind of hope they're done after this tbh lol

    I went to their "Main Event Tour" with New Kids on the Block. That was really good, so they still got it on stage! They did a good memorial to Lisa during that too.

  9. #9

    Default

    TLC's amazing <3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •