Thread: Britney: "...no plans to release anything this year"

Default Britney: "...no plans to release anything this year"

Why the hell would she even bother to release another album this year anyway? To send it to die? To do next to zero promo? To say in every single interview how "really cool and exciting" it is?

I really appreciate getting new music just like any other fan but it's hard to be hyped for it when Britney herself doesn't seem to give a fuck about it soon after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
    Why the hell would she even bother to release another album this year anyway? To send it to die? To do next to zero promo? To say in every single interview how "really cool and exciting" it is?

I really appreciate getting new music just like any other fan but it's hard to be hyped for it when Britney herself doesn't seem to give a fuck about it soon after release.
    Well, Glory had a lot of promo.. the bad thing is that she only promoted 2 singles, but she gave a lot of shows, performances in different shows and even a mini tour.

It did not have the right amount of singles or even good ones but regarding promo there was a lot more than circus and FF

9 Years With So Nyeo Shi Dae

Quote Originally Posted by Luislayer View Post
    Well, Glory had a lot of promo.. the bad thing is that she only promoted 2 singles, but she gave a lot of shows, performances in different shows and even a mini tour.

It did not have the right amount of singles or even good ones but regarding promo there was a lot more than circus and FF
    touring an album is not considered promo anymore?

"A lot more promo than Circus and FF???
    lmao, bye sis...

Quote Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
    "A lot more promo than Circus and FF???
    lmao, bye sis...
    On August 3, Spears appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, pranking Jimmy Kimmel with an impromptu bedside performance of "Make Me..." alongside male dancers.[20] On August 5, Spears was interviewed for the radio program On Air With Ryan Seacrest, where she discussed the development of the album.[21] On August 16, Spears announced that she would be performing "Make Me..." at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards.[22] The performance was announced following the cancellation of two Britney: Piece of Me show dates that were initially scheduled two days prior to the awards.[23] The performance was her first at the VMAs since her 2007 performance of "Gimme More". On August 24, Spears was interviewed on BBC's Scott Mills.[24] On August 25, Spears appeared on the "Carpool Karaoke" segment on The Late Late Show with James Corden where she sang along to "Make Me...", "Oops!... I Did It Again", "Womanizer", "Toxic" and "...Baby One More Time".[25] On August 29, the day after the VMAs, she was interviewed on the Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and the Zach Sang Show.[26][27] On September 1, Spears appeared for the first time in fifteen years on the Today Show for an interview and to perform "Make Me..." and "Do You Wanna Come Over?".[28][29] On September 7, Spears appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she went with Ellen to the mall and distributed signed copies of Glory.[30] On September 24, Spears performed at the 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival at the T-Mobile Arena, which aired on The CW.[31] On September 27, Spears performed at the Apple Music Festival in London.[32] On 1 October, Spears appeared on The Jonathan Ross Show for an interview and to perform "Make Me...", marking her first performance on British TV since 2008.[33] On December 2, Spears performed at 102.7 KIIS FM's Jingle Ball. She received a birthday cake and performed "Slumber Party" with Tinashe.[34][35] A day after, she performed at 99.7 NOW's Triple Ho Show.[36] On December 10, Spears performed at the B96 Pepsi Jingle Bash.[37]

Totally Sexy

Wow a Beyonce collab would be interesting for sure.

On August 3, Spears appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, pranking Jimmy Kimmel with an impromptu bedside performance of "Make Me..." alongside male dancers.[20] On August 5, Spears was interviewed for the radio program On Air With Ryan Seacrest, where she discussed the development of the album.[21] On August 16, Spears announced that she would be performing "Make Me..." at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards.[22] The performance was announced following the cancellation of two Britney: Piece of Me show dates that were initially scheduled two days prior to the awards.[23] The performance was her first at the VMAs since her 2007 performance of "Gimme More". On August 24, Spears was interviewed on BBC's Scott Mills.[24] On August 25, Spears appeared on the "Carpool Karaoke" segment on The Late Late Show with James Corden where she sang along to "Make Me...", "Oops!... I Did It Again", "Womanizer", "Toxic" and "...Baby One More Time".[25] On August 29, the day after the VMAs, she was interviewed on the Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and the Zach Sang Show.[26][27] On September 1, Spears appeared for the first time in fifteen years on the Today Show for an interview and to perform "Make Me..." and "Do You Wanna Come Over?".[28][29] On September 7, Spears appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she went with Ellen to the mall and distributed signed copies of Glory.[30] On September 24, Spears performed at the 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival at the T-Mobile Arena, which aired on The CW.[31] On September 27, Spears performed at the Apple Music Festival in London.[32] On 1 October, Spears appeared on The Jonathan Ross Show for an interview and to perform "Make Me...", marking her first performance on British TV since 2008.[33] On December 2, Spears performed at 102.7 KIIS FM's Jingle Ball. She received a birthday cake and performed "Slumber Party" with Tinashe.[34][35] A day after, she performed at 99.7 NOW's Triple Ho Show.[36] On December 10, Spears performed at the B96 Pepsi Jingle Bash.[37]
    If you think doing some minor appearances here and there and the same generic performance at award shows in the span of 4 months is "a lot more promo" than two world tours for two consecutive albums then I don't know what to tell you.

But hey, whatever fits your agenda

I'm glad she's not releasing anything new while she's still in Vegas. I wouldn't mind her taking some time off even if she can come back ready to actually care she has an album out She'll always be my fave regardless, but it's always fun to have more than 2 music videos lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nella View Post
    Wow a Beyonce collab would be interesting for sure.
    I love those this!

Damn dude (?) I said promotion (tv shows, interviews, performances in awards shows) not touring, I never mentioned tours.

But since aparently you included the tours, then no, this era does not have a lot more "promo" than circus and FF

Of course you never said touring, you started nitpicking stuff when I told you she didn't do more promo for Glory than she did for Circus and Femme Fatale (your wrong opinion)

Why didn't you list photoshoots, radio phone calls and magazine interviews while you are at it?
    And btw, going on tour is promotion

meh

Thread Information