Thread: Lady Gaga is planning a Vegas residency of her own

Default Lady Gaga is planning a Vegas residency of her own

With two weeks left on Britney Spears' "Piece of Me" contract and a little more than a dozen dates left on JLo's "All I Have" Residency next year, it looks like Mother Monster is looking to make Vegas her home in 2018.

According to VitalVegas.com, Gaga recently brought her Joanne World tour to Sin City, and while there she negotiated a $100 million residency deal to perform 50 shows at The Park theater inside Park MGM (Monte Carlo) in Las Vegas in 2018. An official announcement is said to be made later this week.

I think this is a great idea. I know there are a lot of celebrities with residencies in Vegas right now, but I think setting up shop there gives artists plenty of time to work on other projects as well as testing out new music with fans. I'm planning on taking a trip to Vegas next year, and if this story does turn out to be true, I'll definitely check it out.

She's also working on the follow-up to Joanne with DJ White Shadow, so like I said before I'm all for this idea and am curious as to what she will bring to Vegas that will be different from what other pop superstars have brought to their shows.

http://www.krisavalon.com/single-pos...EGAS-RESIDENCY

MGM Resorts has snagged another bona fide superstar for its Park Theater at Park MGM (currently Monte Carlo). We have it on good authority Lady Gaga has been signed for a 50-show residency.

Expect an official announcement of the deal this week.

The dollars involved, of course, will be staggering. Our source shares that the deal for 50 shows will pay Lady Gaga a whopping (wait for it) $100 million.

Park Theater is set to be a major player in the Las Vegas live entertainment scene. Bruno Mars has a series of shows lined up for Dec. 2017 and Feb. 2018.

Cher, too, is scheduled for a residency of 18 shows through May 2018.

Rumors have circulated since June 2017 that Lady Gaga would be one of the new residencies at Park Theater, but now we’re hearing it’s a fait accompli.

There have also been rumors about Justin Timberlake joining the list of musical luminaries at Park MGM, but it doesn’t appear that’s in the cards at the moment.

We have heard Timberlake will perform two mammoth shows at the T-Mobile Arena in April 2018.

Stay tuned for the official confirmation of Lady Gaga’s residency at Park Theater.

Competition for big name talent among the major Las Vegas music venues is reaching new heights, so expect ticket prices to do the same.

Update (12/181/7): The Las Vegas Review-Journal has apparently confirmed our story, although says there will be 36 shows at $400,000 a pop. The residency is expected to start in late 2018.
    https://vitalvegas.com/lady-gaga-res...ter-done-deal/

Quite honestly I thought her Superbowl show would be what a Vegas residency would look like for Gaga but I'm wasn't expecting it so soon. Guess time to plan another trip out to Vegas in the future
    Jacob

Thread Information