Thread: Camila Cabello

Default Camila Cabello

I've been waiting for her solo career ever since I saw her on X Factor when she was put with the other girls to make Fifth Harmony. I love her voice and I think she has charisma, to the point where I thought she'd be a new princess of pop years ago already.

She released her album this week (on Britney's first album's 19th anniversary, which I thought was a cool coincidence) and I like it!
    It's apparently doing very well, as it was #1 on iTunes in 100 countries!

What do you think of her ? Does anyone else like her ? Or do you hate her ? Or don't care ? Discuss!
    Last edited by Noar; 01-14-2018 at 09:30 PM.

I'm in the palm of your hand, my temperature is at your command.

I was a bit skeptical about Camila, since I never really liked Fifth Harmony in the first place

But since the release of Havana, she's been showing such passion for her career that it made me want to give her a chance

Her performances are on point, her vocals are very pleasing now and overall she seems like a very promissing artist

I watched the EMA's live and when she appeared, it really caught my attention

I still need to stream her album in full, tho!

Havana is a bop! it's so catchy, it's stuck in your head after the first listen.

I haven't listened to any of her other songs besides the one that featured Genie in a Bottle and it was awful.

I didn't know the album was already out ... *opensapplemusic*

Das Leben ist die Suche des Nichts nach dem Etwas.

I loved Crying In The Club. I don't care that it sounded a lot like a another Sia song, I thought it was great. The video was boring though.

talking about boring video, I hate that huge ass intro on the Havana video
    I think I'm not alone in this since the audio she uploaded in her channel has more views than the official video lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    talking about boring video, I hate that huge ass intro on the Havana video
    I watched the video for the first time yesterday and those are my exact thoughts! it's a cute video otherwise (and she looks great in the red dress) but the song doesn't start like 2:30 into the video wtf.

I’ll never understand artists that do 5+ minute videos with long ass intros. If they’re too long people will simply skip all that shit and go where the music starts. That or like Mel said, they’ll try to find an audio only video.

I wish Britney did long videos.

I wasn't sure who you guys were talking about but after watching this I realized I had heard this song before. And this performance was awesome!! I'm gonna have to check out some more of her stuff.

Havana is #1 on HOT100!

I'm so glad to see that she made it to #1 with both the album and the single! She deserves it. It's even better for her to get there after the criticism she got for leaving 5th Harmony.

BTW, a very weird big coincidence with Britney's debut, which I love :

Both albums were released on January 12th and debuted at #1, both with the same sales number! And the same week both first singles from the album got to #1, weeks after their release!

Havana is #1 on HOT100!

they spent so much money promoting her she better stays there for weeks to come.

I love her and the album. Butttttt I hate that she cut Crying In the Club, I Have Questions and OMG from the track listing. I get that she ended up going in a different direction with the rest of the tracks, but the record only has 10 tracks. She could have easily released a deluxe with them or something.

Mannequin.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I love her and the album. Butttttt I hate that she cut Crying In the Club, I Have Questions and OMG from the track listing. I get that she ended up going in a different direction with the rest of the tracks, but the record only has 10 tracks. She could have easily released a deluxe with them or something.
    Same. I liked all of these 3 songs. But well, I just put them at the end of the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    There were legal issues surrounding the album release. Epic (her label) didn't pay for the album, but Electric Feel, a indie management company did and it means that she can only put stuff of producers/writers who are signed under the management company on her debut album.

Benny Blanco (CITC), Stargate (OMG), Shatkin (IHQ) are not under the company and hence why they were shelved. It explains why Havana/Never Be the Same/Real Friends are all produced by the same guy: Frank Dukes. The first version of her album that Epic wanted to put out had no restriction producer-wise, that's why all the tracks were produced by different teams.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...camila-cabello

There were legal issues surrounding the album release. Epic (her label) didn't pay for the album, but Electric Feel, a indie management company did and it means that she can only put stuff of producers/writers who are signed under the management company on her debut album.

Benny Blanco (CITC), Stargate (OMG), Shatkin (IHQ) are not under the company and hence why they were shelved. It explains why Havana/Never Be the Same/Real Friends are all produced by the same guy: Frank Dukes. The first version of her album that Epic wanted to put out had no restriction producer-wise, that's why all the tracks were produced by different teams.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...camila-cabello
    That actually makes sense. Thanks for the link! I had no idea until now. Oh well I’ll just add them to the end of the album in my iTunes and make my own deluxe version lol

Mannequin.

Thread Information